Monday, October 10, 2011

Thank you, Brian!

A friend from high school is going to be running a marathon next week...he's using the race as an opportunity to raise money for Finnz Fundz as well, and we are humbled by, and thankful for, his gesture.


From Brian's blog:  http://twoselves.wordpress.com/2011/10/10/finnz-fundz/

"For the past few months I’ve been training for a marathon. It’s in Newport, on Sunday, October 16th. Part of my intention in running was to raise money for Finnz Fundz, a non-profit organization formed by my friends Kerry and Patrick Burns. I kept putting it off because I was afraid that some of my nagging injuries would prevent me from ultimately running. Now that I’m sure I will come to the start line relatively healthy, I want to ask my friends and family to donate a small amount of money to the cause.
I will be matching all donations up to a net of $500.
Finnz Fundz is a charity that benefits families who have children with cystic fibrosis. Kerry and Patrick saw that there was a gap in organizations that could help families directly that were victims of financial hardships caused by long term hospitalizations and medical care for children with Cystic Fibrosis. It’s inspired by their personal experience of losing their young son, Finnegan, to this terrible disease. They kicked off the charity in May with a very successful launch party.
I have met Patrick once, and seen Kerry once in 20 years. They are however, 2 of the most inspirational and influential people in my life. Please join me in supporting their important cause, and feel free to drop me a note of encouragement as I try to plod through 26.2 miles!
Just click on donate! Remember, I’m matching so even 10 bucks means 20!"

No comments:

Post a Comment